Money lesson is a collection of 5 interactive home-study courses where we teach personal finance skills and money management to you and your family.
Good money management is a skill that anyone can learn (even kids and young adults), regardless of where they are financially. We believe that with a basic understanding of personal finance, you can change the trajectory of your future financial life.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions I am sure you and your family will benefit from our money lessons
YOUR FAMILY FINANCIAL LIFE CAN LOOK MORE LIKE THIS AFTER YOU TAKE OUR MONEY LESSONS
- You track our income and expenses regularly and confidently.
- You are able to save every month toward our financial goals.
- You measure our financial success and feel successful no matter what “everybody else” is doing.
- You have set aside enough money to cover any emergencies that come up.
- You understand the basics of investing and we know what is our risk tolerance so that we can invest wisely for our future.
- You have the right insurance policies in place to protect income, car, home, and our family.
- You have a great credit score.
- You pay off our debts in the most efficient way.
- You have the vision and the money to live our ideal life, spend guilt-free (travel, health, clothes) and save for retirement and education.
- You understand the different types of retirement accounts to contribute regularly for our retirement goals.
- You feel confident that our kids have discovered new tools to manage their future hard earned money.”
WE HAVE BEEN THERE…
Although I’m a personal financial planner, I’ve been through the same money challenges, concerns, milestones and successes you probably have. I know from first-hand experience, being a father of 3 children, how hard managing money can be. I am also an immigrant that came to Canada 17 years ago as you probably were, in my case with very little in my two suitcases.
Fortunately I was able to study in one of the top Canadian Universities and move myself forward putting in practice what we are supposed to do with our money–spend less than we earn and save for the future. I would like to share with you my learning about money in these short courses so that you can move forward as well. I invite you to actually learn how to use money and educate yourself and your family on simple but powerful money management and personal finance strategies.
WHY MAKE ME YOUR MONEY MENTOR
Hi, I am Santiago Garcia, PFP®, MBA founder and CEO of Moneylesson.org owned by Finmarket Inc., a Toronto-based financial company whose mission is to teach individuals and families the art of managing their money the fun and simple way.
After 20 years of working in the corporate world of financial planning at various institutions (Scotiabank, Royal Bank, CIBC, Sudameris Bank) I realized I wanted to work with clients the same way I talk about money with my family–in a fun, personal, compassionate, relatable and nonjudgmental way. That is why I created Moneylessons.org
I’ve become a well-known financial expert and a go-to resource for national media outlets such as the National Post. I’m holder of the Personal Financial Planner designation by the Canadian Securities institute and completed my Master of Business Administration at McGill University. Above all the designations and education I’m optimistic about people finances and how taking control of very simple things can change your financial future.